Saturday, May 2, 2009

recollection

and in the middle of the sea, we quibbled like strangers. two bodies. five minds. because i want your voice. the raspy and chirpy monotone in which you express love. i count your breaths. seven...ten...twelve...twenty-nine...fifty-six. and it stops. you wake up, stretch your soul, arch your knuckles and leave the room. but you leave behind footprints on the carpet. and i collect them when you're gone. they are in my music box. my monopoly.

but you've lost the game. in this endless whirl of conscience and regret, i hear your drones. i remember you. everyday. you remind me of clouds. and innocent rain. that shade of gray scribbled on your grave. i have your fingers in my color box. pitched with pastel. a dark shade of red. but wait. you deserve white. because you are white. or at least you were, till i insulted your blood.

i want a train. if you can give me one, i will give you my finger. i swear i will. and i will trail up to the war lord and spit on his knee. in Paris, you will see, how much i fume. and if you knock at my door, i will trim your sleeves.

i miss your eyes. they are beautiful and round. a mix of brown and green, like the saturday sky.

1 comment:

Aruni RC said...

we begin to search for the saturday skies only after the weekend's ended.