Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Seven Vignettes

1.

The water
I drink
Comes from Daisy,
The glacier.

Last week
I heard
She miscarried.

2.

Above all
You and I
Are inter-racial,
Babe.

Illegal,
In the eyes,
Of our Nation’s history.

3.

Unfortunate,
The smell of coffee
Reminds you
Of break ups,
And a brother’s death.

Adopted,
But still.

4.

You find Zen
In war movies,
Hurricanes,
And cotton candy.

Your goal, now,
Is to be
An entomology assistant. 

5.

I woke up
This morning
To Neptune,
Screaming.

Afraid,
I let the constellations,
Sleep in my basement.

6.

You tell
The ice-cream seller,
Depression, should be
A new flavor,
For 2016.

A light sorbet,
With blackcurrants,
Coconut flakes,
And lemon zest.

7.

There comes a point
In perspective
When everything
Becomes homogenous.

People,
Personality,
Hair color.
Even salt from pepper.

No comments: