Friday, June 10, 2016

Morning Thought

Catchy at first, my brain
Imploding, magnetizing, sensationally
Desirous of your presence.
Thoughts of you, escalating
Constantly, shrouding Reason
Enough to inaction.

I lie in bed, my body
Buttery soft, wrapped only
In a blanket of plastic alphabets,
And images of you curl off
My walls, lilac, sapphire-blue. Smoky, your
Name hangs from my ceiling’s
Incestuous lips of glass.
The idea of you becomes one
With my blood; not an immunity –
You are not a foreign body who alarms
My body’s protective military.

Closer and closer to me, I see
The shape of your fingers behind
A screen of eyelids. Feel, so bodily
The softness of your pale, unblemished skin,
So supple-looking under light cones
Of pink chandeliers. As if, I have known
You since birth, as natural as grass.
I shake vigorously at the thought
Of wanting you. An all-encompassing plea
Engendered from Desire’s white lotuses,
Tender stems, green serpents, paralleled
To our legs entwined under a jeweled sky,
Our hands caught in a cup, ears
Chatting over tea.
Lips, that don’t exactly fit; their keys
Unfound in a chest of drawers. Eyes,
Marbling, your throat shaking with words of love.

How brawny, the shape of Want, strong
And veiny yet unpredictably volatile.

No comments: