Monday, February 29, 2016

Wedding of My Dreams

If I could have the wedding of my dreams,
I would wear, as my veil,
A piece of sky,
And hold in my hand,
Orange blossoms.
Stand on the shoulders
Of a poppy field,
And stare into your eyes.


Above our heads, would fly
A string of colorful kites
A choir of birds, and stars.
Planets would peer over
Bricks of fog and atmosphere.
And my body,
Perfumed with lavender,
Would erupt in joy.


I would carry in my suit pocket,
One half of the moon,
And in my lapel,
A bulb of Spring.
In my waistcoat,
A grain of sand,
And in my shirt,
A silver dream.

 
And after we exchange words of vows,
Birds will chirp in wooden nests,
Tides will froth on empty shores.
Forests will bend. 
Olives, on trees, will turn to oil. 
Winds will pirouette on the pale horizon
In water tutus and satin shoes.
And the sun will blaze in gold.


Sounds of trumpets will vibrate
Through airless bones of polished brass.
Orchids, wearing silk frocks,
Will unfurl their pink petals.
Oceans will whisper celebratory greetings,
Mazel tov, Mazel tov!
And clouds, with feather headdresses,
will burst into rain,
wash away the color of dusk,
and awaken from Winter’s sleep.

No comments: