Saturday, January 2, 2010

january two

i made it to new york today. months and months of emailing back and forth, comes alive. it feels good. although i will admit, i'm nervous. really nervous.

my flight from chicago was a little strange. this man, sitting by me, stroked his beard throughout the flight. i got lectured on why i should convert to judaism. apparently the power of prayer will make me successful. i never disbelieved in prayers.

in the air, i felt a little uncomfortable. i have never felt that way before. i don't know what it was. nervousness? fright?

i land sometime mid-afternoon. my arms are a little sore -this system of valet baggage is quite a bummer. i drag myself forward. almost half a mile. welcome to new york. there was this girl on flight i thought was very attractive. i had a feeling she wanted to talk to me. she just wouldn't stop looking. for a second i thought i'd walk up to her and say hello. but i didn't. i'll blame it on my anti-socialness.

it's been a while since i've been on the subway. and when i was on it today, i swear i stared at people so awkwardly. i love reading expressions. to my right, was a mexican guy. fairly inebriated with orange dreads. his hair hit my cheeks several times while he was head banging. to my left was an army guy. probably in his early twenties. he looked so pre-occupied. i loved it.

i'm in the apartment right now. my hostess S is an MIT undergrad. living on the 29th floor is wonderful. i see times square and empire state from my window.

central park tomorrow.

No comments: