Saturday, January 16, 2010

saturday manhattan

and when i walked down fifth avenue today, i felt useless. a flurry of talent around me. and i was like some perfume whiff. drifting along. i felt crabby. crammy. whatever the word is. and crawled into my little niche.

and at the coffee shop i heard them speak. duplicitous revelation. of lookism in this state. and in this world. of beauty and lust. of strength and might. i whispered a prayer. because i'm none of those.

and then at the station. penn. i took a pause. as if time froze on my grip. and i looked around...like a trail of monumental circles swooshing past my grasp. and they ran and raced. to go home. or to a funeral. alexis in white. patty in gray. helena in brilliant turquoise. and in my pause, i found comfort. at passers-by in psychedelic waist coats and wheeling bags. may they find comfort too.

No comments: